0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2009 5:50 PM by AXcrystallis

How to make a simple dynamic flv player

AXcrystallis Level 1

I want to make a  simple dynamic flv player according to the specifications below. I have spent one week surfing the net but no luck.

All I want about  this player is :

- This must be done with Flash 8 Pro (AS 2.0).

- To play only flv videos.

- In the html page, using Coldfusion to give dynamically the flv file name as parameter  to the SWF (or JS code if exists). So the same SWF file will be used for playing different flv files, but just one flv per page call (so no video lists like YouTube, no XML  files for the list etc).

- When the user calls the page the SWF  shows just an image (where I can include the shape of a button or something, I mean in the same png file). So when the user calls the page he will see an image (not a black background) and clicking on this image the video plays. When the video ends the same image comes again. I think this kind of image is called "Poster frame".

So, here I found a very good and simple article in AS 2.0 how to give dynamically the flv file name in the HTML page. When I tried to do just that, I mean sending the FLV name as parameter and without the Poster frame etc, it  worked just fine.

Then for adding the functionality for the poster frame I found this article which is great but it says that it fits only for AS 3.0.

So it didn't work. I gives errors like these below

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Actions, frame=1:Line 3: The class or interface 'Event' could not be loaded.
           function showPosterFrame(event:Event):void {

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Actions, frame=1:Line 7: The class or interface 'Event' could not be loaded.
           function hidePosterFrame(event:Event):void {

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Actions, frame=1:Line 11: The class or interface 'MouseEvent' could not be loaded.
           function playMovie(event:MouseEvent):void {

So, do you have any idea how could I add Poster frame using Flash 8 and AS 2.0 ?

(a link somewhere out there maybe?)

Thanks in advance for your help

Iason