9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 4:01 PM by designerphill

preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac

designerphill

i cannot get a preview when i am in premier you now after you hit the space bar it should run or in the sequence window. When you do hit the space bar itll play for any were between a split second and a second i have noticed the same in soundbooth another forum spoke about about audio hardwear settng i just get an error message /rand/`mediaCore/MediaLayer/AudioSupport/Make/Mac/../../Src/Mac/CoreAudioHost.cpp-536  i have seen other post with simler error messages but at other lines

• 1. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to provide DETAILS for anyone to help

All Hardware info for your computer

Your Operating System

Your file type and Codec

• 2. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
            designerphill Level 1

Macbook pro 2.53core 2

4gb ram

running snow leopard Mac osx 10.6

premier pro cs4

Graphicscard

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 254 ram

the file was recorded in photo booth as .mov dont know what codec shouldnt matter this is the same in soundbooth with .AIFF files all files work in imovie no problem

all files plays no problem outside of premier in quicktime and i tunes etc

if you would like any ore info please ask and ill endever answer for you

thanks for responce

• 3. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks for the info. To get the CODEC for the MOV file, you should be able to open it in QT Player and hit Ctrl+j to access the Properties Panel - I do not think that is just in the Pro version, and can't check as all of my QT Players are Pro.

Now, how do other .MOV files work in both PrPro and SB? Any problems with them, or just this/these particular file(s)?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                designerphill Level 1

thanks for the interest i have read some of your replies in other threads your famous what do you prefer red or white i would say your a reds man anyway

i have tried a few files all very small in size nothing major i have tried .mov and avi and aiff i get the same fault with all of them i cannot tell what the codecs are i thinks its only with pro quick time.

the majority of the files i have tried have come from photo booth and started life as mp4 i have tried mp2 as well i have tried files which were produce in previous versions of premier and final cut and even i movie with i cannot say if it is snow leopard as i cannot remember using ppro before i updated sorry totally new system. i think i might of tested a little with out noticing any fault so it could have something todo with the new os havent seen any threads talking about possible probs with snow leopard

• 5. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                  designerphill Level 1

that last post got me think i re-installed ppro and sb i didnt remove them first i put in the installer disk and selected what i wanted to install anyway it still happens

• 6. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    I have tried a few files all very small in size nothing major i have tried .mov and avi and aiff i get the same fault with all of them i cannot tell what the codecs are i thinks its only with pro quick time.

OK, so it is not those particular files, but many others, as well. I do not know Photo Booth, but would ask if all of the problem files have come from it. Could be a possible link there - or maybe not. Do any non-Photo Booth files give you the same problem? Do any non-Photo Booth files NOT give you the problem?

Thanks for the clarification on the QT Pro only aspect of Property Panel. I'll no refrain from mentioning that, without the qualifier - "Pro." I just had no way to tell, as all copies that I own are the Pro model.

what do you prefer red or white i would say your a reds man anyway

My answer to this question is "Alvarinho to Zinfandel and everything in between - so long as it's well-made." I try to pair each food course with a particular wine, regardless of color. I have no issue with a white with traditionally red wine courses, or the inverse. I love a good Syrah/Shiraz, or Pinot Noir with all but the lightest fish/seafood dishes, so long as there is not much cream in the sauce - then I reach for FR whites. I'll also usually serve some whites and lighter reds with the cheese course, even if the earlier courses have had bigger reds already.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                      designerphill Level 1

truly a wine snob but good the here that you don't stick to the tradition clolours v's food theories i know a little and you did mention one or two of my favs i mainly have  reds white gives me acid burn although i do like italian single variety sparkling pinot noir

anyway its a thought i had as i had similar problems with mp4 files premier 6.5 however i have tried files which were not produced in photo booth or originally mp4 did i mention that once i have exported out of ppro they run fine its only when im trying to edit within ppro

cheers phill

• 8. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        I have tried files which were not produced in photo booth or originally mp4 did i mention that once i have exported out of ppro they run fine its only when im trying to edit within ppro.

OK, sounds like Photo Booth has just dropped down the suspect list.

It is also puzzling that it is only when editing in PrPro, that you have these issues and that Exported files do not exhibit these problems. Since you are on a Mac, I do not think that any of my normal questions would apply here. On a PC, I'd ask about programs like FFDShow, but doubt that these would apply to your Mac. Also, with the tighter integration of display and OS + other sub-systems on a Mac, I am surprised. I only hope that some Mac-guy can join the fray and offer some ideas. I think that Colin Boughman is on both Mac and PC, or at least knows his Mac stuff. I saw a few recent posts by him, so maybe he's around and can pop in.

Sorry that I do not have some major breakthrough for you. I just helped a Mac-buddy out this AM with some video stuff, so he owes me. He was leaving for a week in the San Juan Islands, but I'll call in his debt, when he returns. I think he's on FCP, but he still might be able to shed light on the display characteristics of the Mac, that may help - if some Mac-person doesn't get you the info first.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: preview will not play in premier pro and soundbooth cs4 on the mac
                          designerphill Level 1

ok an update

After seeking a simple solution which no one has on any forum i decided to reset my mac and re install the  leopard then reinstall all of my software one at a time each time checking prpro and soundbooth its still working and i only have snow leopard apature left to install i have even recreated the suspected problems with isight so once everything is installed i let you know also all updates both apple and adobe are all up to date bar snow leopard