• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Sub-menus

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a secret to having submenus appear when recording a screen capture?

If I click on a menu button, I see the first menu, but if there is a submenu, it doesn't appear in the recorded window. But the cursor shows me clicking out in space.

Recording it as an animation works, but I need the individual frames to play with the timing.

TIA!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think the answer to your issue lies in liberal use of the Print Screen key. Even though you are in Automatic recording mode, you are able to force Captivate to take additional screen captures.

Keep in mind that it's easier to capture more than you really need and weed out the bad slides than it is to try and insert something that may have been missed.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just to add to Rick's excellent post. The only way to capture sub menus in Adobe Captivate 4 using the Automatic Recording mode  is to select the option in the sub menu. Essentially the Automatic Recording engine is waiting for a system event in this case a mouse click. Again, as Rick suggested you can get around this simply by pressing the Print Screen key on your keyboard.

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally find it easier to just capture the submenu and the different states of the submenu outside of captivate and save each of the states as separate images (so I can use them later as rollovers). Capturing submenus is a royal pain (at least for me) when using Cp3's recorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources