3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2008 4:04 PM by robdillon

resize stage bigger to fit loadMovie?

joe611
      Hi,

I have a file called "index.swf" which has dimension 800(w) x 600(h). It has a navigation bar and also an empty clip (contentclip) that has size 800 x 500. In dreamweaver I have defined the dimension of index.swf as its default dimension 800 x 600. It works fine when I try to load small clips into contentclip such as 800 x 400. But I have one clip that is of size 800 x 1000, which even exceeds the size of the whole flash file defined in the javascript code on index.html . Is there anyway to extend index.swf's dimension to 800 x 1000, without sizing the components inside it so I can load the big clip in its original dimension? I am sorry if this sound confusing...

Would really appreciate a solution! thanks :)
        • 1. Re: resize stage bigger to fit loadMovie?
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          The dimensions that you use in the object and embed tag define the area that the flash movie will occupy in the HTML document. Whether these dimensions are expressed as pixels or percentages, they relate to the first movie that you insert into that space. That first movie is usually defined in the object and embed tags. If you load in additional content into that movie's space it will be applied to the size of the original image area as you've seen.

If you really need to load in a larger movie, then your best option is enlarge the size of the original movie's stage area. You could mask the size discrepancy through creative use of the background colors of both your movie and the HTML document.
          • 2. Re: resize stage bigger to fit loadMovie?
            joe611 Level 1
            I tried setting the stage of the base movie larger, and making the flash movie transparent in the areas that it doesn't have any contents. But what I end up with on the pages with a smaller clip is a blank space where I can see when I scroll down the page. This is not that much of a problem since the movie's transparent and it just shows the web page's background, but it would be nice to only "crop" out the area that has contents so the pointless scrollbar won't appear. Is there any code in actionscript or html to do this? Or any alternative methods that you can think of?
            • 3. Re: resize stage bigger to fit loadMovie?
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant
              Nothing comes readily to mind.