4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 11:05 AM by Newsgroup_User

Image not showing up on website

Newt_and_Harolds
      So ym knowledge of HTML and basically everything else is very limited. i know how to replace images and links and thats about it. I've been running my website www.newtandharolds.com for about 1 year now and this has never happened i went in to change the main image from an older .jpeg about a skate contest to a temporary sunglass .jpeg and when i made the change the image went to the same folder as the older image and the picture formate, color etc etc etc are all exactly the same, yet the image doesn't show up at all. any help would be much appreciated!
        • 1. Re: Image not showing up on website
          Level 7
          The image on your home page (the guy up top, in the header) is currently
          located at the root of the site --
          ( http://www.newtandharolds.com/BEN_TOP.jpg)

Your sunglasses image request is pointing to:
          http://www.newtandharolds.com/images/new/glasses.jpg

Two different locations for images...

The sunglasses image isn't located in images/new and I wasn't able to
          guess to find it. Are you sure you uploaded the image to the images/new
          folder?

--

Virginia Carter
          Carolina Web Creations
          ======================
          www.carolinawebcreations.biz

Newt and Harolds wrote:
          > So ym knowledge of HTML and basically everything else is very limited. i know
          > how to replace images and links and thats about it. I've been running my
          > website www.newtandharolds.com for about 1 year now and this has never happened
          > i went in to change the main image from an older .jpeg about a skate contest to
          > a temporary sunglass .jpeg and when i made the change the image went to the
          > same folder as the older image and the picture formate, color etc etc etc are
          > all exactly the same, yet the image doesn't show up at all. any help would be
          > much appreciated!
          >
          • 2. Re: Image not showing up on website
            Newt_and_Harolds Level 1
            C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\NEW - newtandharolds.com\newtandharolds.com\images\new

is where the image is located. It's the same folder that i've been using for all of my mainpage images.

I experimented a bit today saving the image into different folders and trying to go from there and still no luck i have no idea why the image isn't showing up.

For some reason the banners are linked to the poll on the righthand side of the website so i'm assuming that they are being saved to a different location? because the poll contains the links and the bottom half of the banner is connected to the tabs below.
            • 3. Re: Image not showing up on website
              Newt_and_Harolds Level 1
              Okay i figured it out after going through and saving my image to various folders i figured out i was saving it to the wrong images/new folder after correcting this it works fine now. i had just been saving it in the wrong location!
              • 4. Re: Image not showing up on website
                Level 7
                Don't use things like "foo.com" in your folder names....

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                ==================

"Newt and Harolds" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:g67ron$nvl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Okay i figured it out after going through and saving my image to various
                > folders i figured out i was saving it to the wrong images/new folder after
                > correcting this it works fine now. i had just been saving it in the wrong
                > location!
                >