2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2009 3:02 PM by Adolfo Rozenfeld

Beginner Help!

Link44ava182

Hi, I'm a total beginner and I'm looking for help on this video I'm making.

It's using text, and I added an animation to bring it in, but now I want after 4 seconds on the time line, I want the text to disappear, no animations or effects to make it disappear.

Can anyone help me?

I'm a total beginner and please bear with me. thanks.

• 1. Re: Beginner Help!
          yenaphe Level 4

You have to animate with keyframes the opacity property of your layer.

To reveal the opacity property, selet your layer and press T. The move the time indicator where you want to start your fade out of your text and click the stopwatch next to the "opacity" name. The move your time indicator to the time where you want your fade to be complete and change the value from 100 to 0

I really suggest you to have a look at andrew kramers beginner video tutroials here: http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

• 2. Re: Beginner Help!
            Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

I think the original post mentioned trimming the out point of the text layer, without fading out or any other kind of animation.

You can do this by dragging the right end of the layer (ie, the out point) until it's located at the 4:00 seconds mark. Sometimes this is not possible, if the layer's out point (the right end) is located outside of the timeline's time span. In that case, you use a powerful shortcut which will take the out point to the location of the Current Time Indicator (the red line that tells you where you're located temporally). The shorcut is control + alt + right bracket (Win) or command+option+right bracket (Mac). This is more efficient and precise than dragging the layer's in or out points.

For more information on trimming layers, see Trim, extend or slip-edit a layer in After Effects Help.