4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2009 4:17 PM by the_wine_snob

help exporting movie to DVD

Solid10Mike

I've done this before, but on Windows Premier CS3. I'm working on Mac with Premier CS4 now, is it different. I'm not recognizing which function to use. Please remind me how to do this. thank you.

• 1. Re: help exporting movie to DVD
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Dynamic Link to Encore. Or export as AVI or MPEG2-DVD through Adobe Media Encoder and import those into Encore.

• 2. Re: help exporting movie to DVD
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As of CS3, the direct function to Burn DVD has been removed. Harm is correct that this is now done always, in Encore. CS2.0 (most often called PrPro 2.0) was the last version that allowed direct DVD burning.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: help exporting movie to DVD
              Solid10Mike Level 1

Thanks this was great. I'm missing the "loop" button to click. Sorry, can you direct me to that now.

• 4. Re: help exporting movie to DVD
                the_wine_snob Level 9

A few questions first:

Do you mean that you wish to create a DVD that, when placed into a DVD set-top player, will loop continuously?

If so, this is most often handled with the Repeat function on the set-top player.

Do you mean that you wish to create a DVD that, when placed into ANY sort of drive or player, will loop continuously?

This is done in Encore.

Though this is the PrPro forum, if you want the latter, then it's easy. In Encore, Import your AV file as a Timeline. Set the End Action of the Timeline to itself - Looping.

If you have more than one Timeline, then link the End Action of the last back to the first. The first will link to the second, etc.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] If you want something completely different, then this is the Adobe Encore Forum. I'll see your post there.