2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 6:43 AM by Rlayne8694

Drawing Application

Rlayne8694 Level 1

I want to create a program similar to Microsoft Visio's floor plan application.

It allows you to easily scale some existing templates to new custom sizes.

Did I buy the right program, Adobe Air & Flash?

Obviously, I'm new to this and appreciate anyones help and direction.

If so where should my focus of learning be to accomplish this task?

Thx again for anyones help and direction.

Russ

• 1. Re: Drawing Application
          ab1301 Level 1

If I were building a drawing application (I'm not), I would probably start by learning how to use and extend Degrafa in Flex (this would require Flex Builder--soon to be Flash Builder--instead of Flash).  Degrafa is an open source graphics framework for flex.  They have already solved a lot of what one would need to create a really cool vector based drawing application.  I saw a presentation by the Degrafa guys at a flex event, and it looks extremely powerful, and very cool... almost cool enough to suck me into graphics when it has nothing to do with what I'm doing now.  http://www.degrafa.org/index.html The site has extensive documentation and examples.

• 2. Re: Drawing Application
            Rlayne8694 Level 1

Thank you for your valuable information. I will look at Degrafa and pursue that avenue, Thank again.

Russ

Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:26:20 -0600

To: rlayne8694@msn.com

Subject: Drawing Application

If I were building a drawing application (I'm not), I would probably start by learning how to use and extend Degrafa in Flex (this would require Flex Buildersoon to be Flash Builderinstead of Flash).  Degrafa is an open source graphics framework for flex.  They have already solved a lot of what one would need to create a really cool vector based drawing application.  I saw a presentation by the Degrafa guys at a flex event, and it looks extremely powerful, and very cool... almost cool enough to suck me into graphics when it has nothing to do with what I'm doing now.  http://www.degrafa.org/index.html The site has extensive documentation and examples.

>