4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 6:32 AM by flytowngal

Map IDs in RoboHelp

flytowngal

I'm a newbie at mapping IDs for context-sensitive help.  I have a project with about 300 topics in various insurance categories such as Crime coverage, Umbrella coverage, Auto coverage etc.  Can I create a new Map ID file for each category within the same RoboHelp project and then assign IDs within those Map ID files?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Map IDs in RoboHelp
          Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

Do you want to create a master id and assign the topics sub id's? I'm not sure what you want exactly. Start by reading the article on Peter's site, be sure to follow the links there. If you have questions after reading it, just post back.

Greet,

Willam

• 2. Re: Map IDs in RoboHelp
            flytowngal Level 1

OK, under Context Sensitive Help>Map Files, I've created a Generic Map File for the project and entered assigned the topics map IDs within that Map File.  My questions is, can I create additional Map Files for other topics in the project such as Auto coverage, or can I only have one Map File per project and have to assign all the topic IDs in just that one?

Maggie Prince

Senior Technical Writer

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies

513-870-2000 ext 6112

maggie_prince@cinfin.com

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

George Eliot

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.

• 3. Re: Map IDs in RoboHelp
              Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

You can create additional map files, there's no maximum number of map files that I know off.

Your map numbers and Topic id's do have to be unique in a project (RoboHelp checks this for you).

Greet,

Willam

• 4. Re: Map IDs in RoboHelp
                flytowngal Level 1

Thanks William! 

That's really a big help since many of these topics sort of overlap between categories and would otherwise be difficult to distinguish.

Maggie Prince

Senior Technical Writer

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies

513-870-2000 ext 6112

maggie_prince@cinfin.com

"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

George Eliot

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.