2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 4:04 PM by stevep58

Image loading tenth-of-second failure

stevep58

Hello. First post so forgive me if not fully versed in how to post.

I have a Flex client that is loading 4 images simultaneously. For 3 of the images I simply am using Actionscript to set image.source = "URL" for my mxml element. The URL is set up to get the image from the local Google App Engine server (http://localhost:8080/). The fourth image I have set up (for testing an alternate route) using a URLloader with a function setting the image when the load result event occurs.

Everything works great when I have my Python server side code running without any delay.

To test behavior with a delay, I set a time.sleep() function in the App Engine code to provide a slight delay before it responds.

With a delay of 0.1 seconds everything works.

With a delay of 0.2 seconds, nothing loads and I get an error (below) in the Flex ListCollectionView.as module.

Note that I can see in the log for the App Engine server that the server does respond with the requested files when this Flex error occurs. So, everything is the same on the server side save the increase in response delay from 0.1 to 0.2 seconds.

This behavior is very inconsistent, and I can't track down enough information to figure out why.

Why would everything work great with 0.0 and 0.1 second delays, and then blows up at 0.2 delay??

Am pretty sure that it is not the fact that I am running an GAE server -- the client knows nothing about it other than it is a standard http: url request, and a standard image binary returned.

Thanks in advance. Error showing in debug mode when delay causes failure is:

RangeError: Index '0' specified is out of bounds.

at mx.collections::ListCollectionView/getItemAt()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\fra mework\src\mx\collections\ListCollectionView.as:422]