• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When importing SWF files they become shorter in length (time)?

Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Captivate 4.0.0 Build 1596 on WIn XP Pro SP2.  The SWF files I am using are screen recordings from BB Flashback Pro 2.6.3 Build 1205(http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk)

The SWF files are 1280 x 1024 and when I export them they have the following settings:

Full Frame Rate (14 FPS)

SWF Format

Lossless Compression

No Audio

Exporting frames 0 - 420

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

In Internet Explorer 7 the SWF files loads just fine and takes 30 seconds to play from beginning to end. (420/14 = 30 seconds)

When I load it into Captivate 4.0.0 it is now only 14.1 seconds long and there are 422 frames?

If I export it at 30 fps I get a file that imports into Captivate that is 30 seconds in length but is now 901 frames?

Seeing as how you can only have 16000 frames I am now limited to roughly 8.5 min for my SWF file.

Why is Captivate modifying the play time?

I am very new to Captivate and this has been the only real problem I have had so far.  If I could get this problem resolved then I would be a very happy camper.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Hi there

I've been advised recently by the Captivate development team that the 16,000 frame limitation does not apply to things created using Captivate. Apparently it has something to do with the manner in which they structure the content.

So if that's not an issue the only thing left to worry with is the frame rate mismatch. If you create something that runs at 14 FPS, you need to configure Captivate to run at 14 FPS when you use the same content so there is no mismatch. Or, bump your creation up

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I've been advised recently by the Captivate development team that the 16,000 frame limitation does not apply to things created using Captivate. Apparently it has something to do with the manner in which they structure the content.

So if that's not an issue the only thing left to worry with is the frame rate mismatch. If you create something that runs at 14 FPS, you need to configure Captivate to run at 14 FPS when you use the same content so there is no mismatch. Or, bump your creation up to 30 FPS to match that of Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I found the publish settings frame rate in the preferences.  It was at 30 so I set it to 14 then imported my 14 fps file and it shows as being 30 seconds in length.  Just what I was looking for.

It is nice to know that there is no limits on things created with captivate but all my video was made with BB Flashback Pro and it follows those limitations.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources