5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 9:50 AM by Newsgroup_User

Publishing html

J S 23
      When publishing, an "index.html" is not being created. It's only creating an html with my file name. I've never had this happen. An index.html has always been published along with the other files. I've searched and have not found anything on this. Really appreciate any help as I am unable to move forward on this project if I cannot publish properly.
        • 1. Re: Publishing html
          Level 7
          In the File, Publish Settings screen, you can change the name of the
          HTML file that it makes. By default it will always be the same name as
          the Director movie. But you can change the name to index.html or
          whatever you want.
          • 2. Re: Publishing html
            J S 23 Level 1
            But, in the past it's always created both (the index and the file name html's) automatically. I'm confused because I have never had to manually name the index file. All my other published sites have had one generated. I feel like I am missing something here.
            • 3. Re: Publishing html
              Level 7
              Then either you or someone else changed the default name. As far as I
              know it is always set by default to the name of the project unless you
              specifically change it.
              • 4. Re: Publishing html
                J S 23 Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                Then either you or someone else changed the default name. As far as I
                know it is always set by default to the name of the project unless you
                specifically change it.

To clarify: The html file has always been set to the default; that is, the name of my file shows up in the Publish settings. Additionally, publishing has always generated two html files, 1) index.html and 2) "project name.html." My latest project is not generating both, just the project name html. Which is inconsistent with all of my past experience.

I have always assumed that the generation of both files was the default. Am I just supposed to get one html file?
                Are you saying that an Index.html does not normally get generated in addition to the project name html?
                • 5. Re: Publishing html
                  Level 7
                  That is what I am saying. It never creates an index.html file, unless
                  you specify that you want the html file to have that name. I have never
                  seen it create more than one html file. I think your index.html may
                  have been copied from a previous project or something... but it is not
                  made by Director normally.