5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 10:26 AM by Peter Grainge

RoboHTML will not compile with Conditional Build Expression

denicetex01

Software: RoboHelp HTML

Version: 8.0.0.203  (purchased as part of Technical Communication Suite)

I have a project that will not compile WebHelp if I use a conditional build expression.

The project compiles fine if I do not use a conditional build tag expression.

If I try to use a conditional build tag expression (even as simple as NOTDraft), the compile stops as soon as it reaches the Updating Files step.

Once it stops, I have to restart RoboHelp.

I am able to compile other projects.

This project contains many topics that are imported from Word documents.

Ironically, I fought hard to get this company to purchase RoboHelp and convinced them it was a rock-solid tool. Now, my primary project will not compile as expected, so I am in hot water.

In the days that I have waited for a response from Adobe Support that said, basically - open up a discussion in this forum, I eliminated any topics that looked strange to me. (We had a few documents that used number headings, and the results in Search and Index were not acceptable.) Still will not compile with a conditional build expression.

I've also deleted all my conditional tags, and created a new one. Still will not compile.

Without being able to use Conditional Builds on this project, I cannot single source. I've resorted to creating duplicate projects and cutting out the topics - which is a recipe for disaster.

Any assistance deeply appreciated.