5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 9:04 PM by kglad

another preloader problem

rogue dog

all,

i'm also having a strange problem. i am also using the lynda.com tutorial. i got frustrated when it didn't work, then recreated my movie step by step.

rebuilt the file with all layers on frame 2. frame 1 is blank except for the dynamic text/preloader code in the actions layer.

everything tested fine.

later, as i built the movie out (to about frame 500), the preloader counter stopped working*.

*i just figured out the counter issue: under properties panel (with a movie clip selected), under the 'export for actionscript' the option to 'export in frame 1' selected, disables the visual counter in my preloader.

next, i comment out the entire 1st frame coding (stop and preloader text) and the movie plays fine and stops at the end.

when i enable the "stop();" code, the playhead stops on the 1st frame—so that part works.

the problem comes when i remove the comment in the preloader text:

• test mode: frame stops at 2 (only the background shows, the playhead doesn't continue)

the problem of the playhead staying at frame 2 still exists. it's making me crazy!

i'm on a mac, osx (snow leopard), mac pro dual/quad core, 8gb ram

any help would be greatly appreciated.

the file can be downloaded here:

http://www.roguedog.com/files/design/clients/d1r3.fla.zip