4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 2:01 PM by Simon Fresh

Counting Shots/Cuts in CS4 Premiere?

curtdbz

Hey, thanks for reading.

I wanted to know if there was an easy way to count the number of shots in a given sequence.  I have a project and that I'm doing for school and I need to know the exact amount of shots in it.  I can see the shots by how many cuts there are, since cuts are what seperate shots.  So if there is a way to measure cuts, you get how many shots there were.  Does anyone know a way to do this rather than manually?  Each little clip that I have is considered one shot, but I can't simply count the number of clips, since of course, one clip can be placed in many places on the timeline, contributing to a lot of shots.

I hope you understand the question.  Thanks so much, this will be so annoying to do manually, especially for a project with 100s of shots/cuts.

• 1. Re: Counting Shots/Cuts in CS4 Premiere?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

There's no automatic way to do this.

• 2. Re: Counting Shots/Cuts in CS4 Premiere?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The best that you can do is to look in the Video Usage Column in Project Panel. You can then add up the number of times that a "master Clip" is used, and the number of times that individual Clips are used. That will give you the total, but unfortunately, I do not know of a way to do this without doing the addition.

Personally, I move that Column to just after the Type, and use it religiously. I sometimes wish that there was a Total at the bottom, but there is not.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Counting Shots/Cuts in CS4 Premiere?
              pippitts Level 1

I know this post is a few years old, but I was just looking for the same information for Pr CC 2015. Found a really easy solution for anyone looking to do this. Select all the "shots/cuts" in your timeline that you want to count, and then click on the info window. At the top of this window it will list the number of items selected. Hope this is helpful to someone out there.

-S

4 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Counting Shots/Cuts in CS4 Premiere?
                Simon Fresh Level 1

Thank you for digging this up. Just had the same issue and found it - thanks to you

Just to clarify - highlight the clips on the timeline, then go to the menu bar on top and in "Window" tick "Info" to make that info menu pop up (I had it disabled)

1 person found this helpful