7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 3:56 AM by aaravind

How to share my flex app?

poojagupta Level 1

I have created a flex app. I now want to use it on a different computer system. Please tell me how can i export the complete flex app so that it is fully functional on the other computer system also.

Thanks,

Pooja

• 1. Re: How to share my flex app?
          ShardulSingh Level 3

Hi,

You will need to host your application on the web servers like IIS,Apatche Tomcat etc.
          For example if you want to host in on the IIS then create a virtual directory on IIS,
          and put your flex build inside that folder and run it through the any brower.

with Regards,

Shardul Singh Bartwal

• 2. Re: How to share my flex app?
            poojagupta Level 1

By sharing, I mean I just want to deploy it on a different computer system - which will not have Flex Builder 3. It can then run like a normal app on this computer.

• 3. Re: How to share my flex app?
              Andrew Rosewarn Level 3

Hi

Well firstly is it a web app or an Air app.

If its a web app and its using a server side technology then your gonna have to set up a server etc...  IIS as someone else has mentioned.

If its just a web app that doesn't connect to any server data (can;t think what it would be) but you could just copy the bin-release file across and open the application.html page in there.  That would open your browser and run the swf from incise that file.

Lastly if its an AIR app.  You's export the release build and copy the AIR package installer to the other machine.  Then you can install it as a desktop app using the installer.

Hope that helps

Andrew

• 4. Re: How to share my flex app?
                aaravind Level 1

pooja,,,tat is easy...

Wat u have to do is just create a release build..go to file..->export->release build->create a certificate and continue....

then u wil get a build...(in case of air).///try it...u can impliment in any machine by installin it,,,but i believe u need air installed

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: How to share my flex app?
                  poojagupta Level 1

I am getting runtime error #2148. It says "SWF File cannot access local resource. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources" how do i solve this.

• 6. Re: How to share my flex app?
                    poojagupta Level 1

Solved the 2148 runtime error. Add the argument -use-network=false to Flex Compiler settings.

• 7. Re: How to share my flex app?
                      aaravind Level 1

R u using any external files..like any xml or swf or any thing,,,,if so it should be in the src folder,,,,i believe u might have seen during the last phase of ur release build development tat it shows all the files in the src folder.....

try it,,,,