3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 1:58 PM by Victinfo

Error starting AcroRdd32.exe

Victinfo

Hello,

I recently stumbled across a problem where my acrobat reader failed to start.

I've installed it on a Windows 2003 enviroment and has recently been updated from 8.0 to 9.1

Someone else installed a compatibility program for Office 2007 (so the .docx can be read in office 2003).

Half a day later, Adobe Reader started breaking down and won't even start anymore.

Here's what's happening:

Uninstall Adobe reader, reinstall Adobe Reader, start Adobe reader and I'm getting the error message

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

The application cannot be started because the configuration of the application is incorrect, reinstalling the product might solve this problem".

I've tried reinstalling more then 10 times now, but it has no effect.

I've cleaned the registry after removing Adobe to no effect, I've also removed the compatibility program but that had zippo effect as well.

I also couldn't locate a log file, but the server told me this:

"The detection of product {AC76BA86-7AD7-1043-7B44-A80000000000}, function ReaderProgramFiles has failed at requesting part {E51A3464-94A9-4D6F-AB6A-EBB645DAA5E4}"

(Sorry, I copy/pasted it and translated it myself, as I forgot the english words )

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks!