1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2006 4:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

Optimisation of Files

Westside London
      Hi i was just wondering if there are any other ways to make a movie load quicker or run smoother. I have a preloader at the start of my movie, but when the user clicks on the navigation and the file goes to another scene the transition isnt very smooth, its either takes a while or is really jumpy. The overall file isnt that big so it shouldnt be a problem. It seems to work fine once yo have clicked through the site a few times and the files are in the web cache.

I was wondering if there was anything else i could do to make it run better, is there any script that can make it preload seperate scenes and make it run faster?

Thanks for any help

Ad
        • 1. Re: Optimisation of Files
          Level 7

Adam Deeley wrote:
          > Hi i was just wondering if there are any other ways to make a movie load
          > quicker or run smoother. I have a preloader at the start of my movie, but when
          > the user clicks on the navigation and the file goes to another scene the
          > transition isnt very smooth, its either takes a while or is really jumpy. The
          > overall file isnt that big so it shouldnt be a problem. It seems to work fine
          > once yo have clicked through the site a few times and the files are in the web
          > cache.
          >
          > I was wondering if there was anything else i could do to make it run better,
          > is there any script that can make it preload seperate scenes and make it run
          > faster?

hi Ad
          Please don't cross post same message to multiple forums.
          Post to one and stick to it.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>