4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 4:33 PM by the_wine_snob

PREM PRO 1.5 WITH STORM 2 CARD

leicesterjohn

I have a problem - open 1.5 no problem go to either new project or open exsisting project  no problem - BUT - when I go to the "effects" tab to get transission etc  I get error and pro closes down.  I have uninstalled 1,5 and reinstalled still have the problem - is there a corrupted pref file somewhere? or can someone :-

HELP PLEASE -

Many thanks

email - marshall34@tiscali.co.uk

• 1. Re: PREM PRO 1.5 WITH STORM 2 CARD
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Canopus had so many problems with the DV Storm drivers, that I pulled it out. It had been a great card, but not with Premiere Pro. They never solved all the issues, and gave up. That is what you should do too. Give up on the DVStorm.

• 2. Re: PREM PRO 1.5 WITH STORM 2 CARD
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

To get clues as to whether it is the Storm drivers (or something else), look over this ARTICLE, and see if Event Viewer can provide you with clues. I'd go ahead and crash PrPro, then immediately open up Event Viewer. The article will tell you what to look for.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PREM PRO 1.5 WITH STORM 2 CARD
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Bill,

While worthwhile to read, this has no relevancy to the DVStorm problems, due to the driver problems. Missing thumbnails, black images with clips on the timeline, corrupted colors, and the like were typical Canopus related problems that were never solved and thus they gave up. Like many Matrox users now, at that time the only sensible solution was to get rid of it.

• 4. Re: PREM PRO 1.5 WITH STORM 2 CARD
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm,

Not so sure. Pr shuts down in mid-work. There should be some trail of that. Now, programs can shut silently and the OS never even knows that it happens. If this is the case here, other than looking at Event Viewer, nothing has been lost.

Now, I am not saying that the Storm card's drivers are not the ultimate problem. Much was written in the day, and in the old fora about the problems.

Hunt