0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 9:20 AM by EngTechGroup

Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program

EngTechGroup

I have recently started receiving the following error.  I've searched the forums and google extensively and haven't found any solutions.

Using Windows Vista Business SP1,  Adobe Reader 9.1.1, and Windows Live Mail, we try to send a pdf file via email by using the File -> Attach to Email option which results in "Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program"

I have already verified that Windows Live Mail is set as the default in Vista's "Default Programs" menu.  I am able to use other programs' "send to email" feature without any problem (including OpenOffice, Picasa, and Windows Explorer), so I believe this is an issue with Adobe Reader.

I have updated our AR9 to the latest version, 9.1.3 and it did not make any difference.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue (other than the obvious workaround of manually attaching the file from within the mail client which is cumbersome).  Or, if anyone else is experiencing this, please respond with details including which version of Windows (any service packs), which mail client, and which version of Adobe Reader.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Marc