2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 4:13 AM by secretname1

Problems with PDF (adobe)

secretname1

Greetings readers;

Recently (not sure exaclty when) I've been unable to view PDF files. I've removed and reinstalled Adobe several times now,  but everytime I attempt to view a PDF document it says "Eula display has encountered a problem and has to close..." I tried googling the problem but to no avail. =[

I really need .pdf because my engineering professors ask everything to be turned in as a .pdf. I've been having a floormate help me (and by that I mean I just email him the document and he does the conversions for me), but my laptop unfortunately won't do it itself. Sorry if this seems vague, but for now it's the best I can do.

Thank you =]

• 1. Re: Problems with PDF (adobe)
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're having troubles "viewing" or "creating" PDF's? Which one?

Also, what application do you have? What OS? Are the latest patches to the application installed? Are you sure that's the exact text of the message?

• 2. Re: Problems with PDF (adobe)
            secretname1 Level 1

Both. Whenever I even try opening adobe it doesn't show up at all. The window will show up but will be completely blank (no toolbar or anything, just Adobe Reader at the top, and nothing else). Then after that screen is up for a few seconds, a small window pops up saying "Eula display has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm using Adobe Reader 9 and am downloading regular files my professors are posting (all on Windows XP). Again I tried removing/reinstalling Adobe and still not working.

Thank you.