2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 6:08 AM by sense

My Application not working after install it on my computer

sense

Hi guys I create small application using Flash Air and I used SQL this aplication is address book. if I run the application from flash by Test Movie everthing will work fine All the function I can add delete create tables but if I install it on my computer not thing working at all .

I don't know what is the problem please I need help

Thanks

Bassam

• 1. Re: My Application not working after install it on my computer
          adobe_paul Adobe Employee

The first question I'd ask is where are you creating the database file?

Are you bundling an existing database file with your application? Or are you creating the database file from scratch?

I can't say for sure, but offhand I'd guess that you are using the application directory (File.applicationDirectory). If so, you should use the application storage directory (File.applicationStorageDirectory). You could also use another "user-accessible" location such as the documents directory or desktop directory.

The application directory corresponds to the source code directory (when you're developing/testing) and the installation folder (when you're running an installed application). Since you wouldn't want to change the contents of an installed application, AIR usually doesn't allow you to create or modify files in the application directory.

• 2. Re: My Application not working after install it on my computer
            sense Level 1

Dear H.Pual

you were right  I just change (File.applicationDirectory) to (File.applicationStorageDirectory) and eveything working fine

Than you