3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 9:56 AM by Andrey V

I have installed Master collection cs4, but premiere pro won't open

Elio38 Level 1

Hello there,

I have installed Master colllection cs4 sometime ago, I have been using Premiere without any problems; but yesterday I tried to open the program, but as as soon as the application begun to load, there was a glitch and it will shut down. Now everytime I try to do the same, I have the same problem, Premiere just won't open. I have aslo tried to uninstalled and installed the software again, and still doesn't work. Could it be that another program or application, or a file in my premiere project is causing this to happen? The rest of the applications on master collection cs4 open fine.

Please help! this is very frustrating.

Thank you

• 1. Re: I have installed Master collection cs4, but premiere pro won't open
          the_wine_snob Level 9

When something works one day, but not the next, then something has changed. You task is to find out what has changed.

It can be something behind the scenes, like an OS update, that kills the video, or the audio driver. It can be major, like installing new software, that does something to existing software.

First thing that I would do would be to get the very latest video and audio drivers for your system.

If that does not work, then you might wish to look at Restore Points, going back to when it last worked.

There are some other things that might give you a clue as to what is happening, when PrPro does not open. This ARTICLE might give you such a clue, or clues. Or, it might not, depending on what is causing the failure to launch.

One other thing to look at, and think about is what is PrPro trying to load. VST's (often added by other programs, especially Audio programs) can bring PrPro to its knees. Watch the little line of black text, as PrPro starts to load. What is the last line, before it disappears? You might have to point your video camera at the screen to capture what is being loaded, as it can go by quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: I have installed Master collection cs4, but premiere pro won't open
            the_wine_snob Level 9

To give you a bit more background on the VST's, there are basically three scenarios:

1.) PrPro goes out and finds all VST's, will load them and can use them.

2.) PrPro goes out and finds all VST's, and will load them, but if some will not work in PrPro, you get a one-time message to that effect. They do not get in the way, but will be loaded, without the message, the next time.

3.) PrPro goes out and finds all VST's, and will load them, but one/some will kill PrPro with no message.

Have you installed any audio programs, or VST plug-ins? Ones like Native Instruments will kill PrPro, as will many others.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: I have installed Master collection cs4, but premiere pro won't open
              Andrey V Level 2

99% of the time this problem caused by installing old outdated codecs. Ones installed hey are not deleted when uninstalling a premiere and uninstall wizard will usually keep the directory folders unchanged. So you will need to delete them manually after uninstall of the main program.