6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 5:43 PM by the_wine_snob

Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed

vidzed Level 1

Hello, I'm a new user in PE7, I'm facing this problem on the animated texts titles where the positioning of the tiles will be out of alignment and somehow shifted say few cm away from the original position. The preview windows shows the texts effects alignment correctly but not when I exported the video.

The titles alignment will not be WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get.) Please advise. Thank you very much.    

• 1. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What you describe is not what I have ever experienced.

Please tell us about your Project and then your Assets. These can be very important. Last, please tell us about your Export settings.

My guess would be that there is a mismatch in the first two, and it is enhanced by the latter.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
            vidzed Level 1

Hello Hunt,

Thank you for replying so promptly.

With your hints, I realised that I have chosen the wrong project presets in the first place.

DV standard widescreen instead of AVHD. Where I prepared all my photos material in 1920x1080.

Hence explained the reason why the animated titles will misalign and shift itself.

Now can I still change my project presets to AVHD? Using the Project Settings?

Or do I have to rework everything from scratch on a new project presets?

Thank you inadvance.

H.Tan

• 3. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
              A.T. Romano Level 7

No. You cannot use the Edit Menu/Project Settings to change a Premiere Elements project's Project Preset (New Project dialog) from something like NTSC DV Standard to one of the AVCHD presets. You would create a new project, BUT....

I have seen Paul_LS suggestion for changing a 4:3 project to 16:9 and vice versa (without starting a new project). Here he saves the project and then right clicks the project.prel, selects Opens With, selects WordPad, and then edits the document. I have not played with this type of an approached for 4:3 NTSC DV to 16:9 AVCHD. Here is a link to the situation to which I did apply Paul_LS suggestion to a 4:3 to 16:9 NTSC DV situation:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2172784#2172784

ATR

• 4. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
                the_wine_snob Level 9

As ATR points out, this is not directly possible in PrE. PrPro CS4 allows one to just do a new Sequence (think of a mini-Project inside a Project), but that is the best.

I have not tried Paul_LS's method, though I have done other editing of the .PREL and PRPROJ (same type of file for PrPro) files in WordPad.

I'd do a Save_As (maybe increment the filename by 1, or "test") and work with that file, in case something goes horribly wrong. It should work, but you do not want to run the risk of loosing everything, even if you are likely to have to start from zero.

Because PrE does not allow for two, or more Projects to be Open at the same time, and will not run multiple instances of itself, the simple Copy/Paste does not do us any good. PrPro, with its Sequences, does allow for Copy/Paste between the Sequences. However, there is a program Clipmate, that allows for the Copy/Paste between one Project and another. I have not used it, as I use PrPro and have not needed it. Robert Johnson did several articles on Clipmate and it seemed to work well for many folk. I do not know if it's freeware, or shareware, but Google will track it down for you.

Good luck, and glad that it was just the Project Preset and nothing else.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
                  vidzed Level 1

Hi ATR & Hunt

Thank you guys for all the advises and help.

I manage to rework on my project since it's only a short project.

I'm glad it's just a small issue and nothing big.

Thank you guys and have a great week ahead.

Cheers!

H.Tan

• 6. Re: Misalign animated titles after exporting videos in PE7- help needed
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

The ability to make similar changes on the fly, is a big plus for PrPro CS4. Until then, PrPro was the same - start a new Project with the changed Presets. Maybe in PrE 8?

Good luck,

Hunt