1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 7:21 PM by stjonathanmark

    SOAP Response cannot be decoded.

    stjonathanmark

      Hello Everybody,

       

      I created a simple web service in asp.net using the c# sharp language. The web service extracts data from an MS SQL Database, translates that data in to xml, assigns the xml to a string varible and returns  the string varible to what ever called the service. I know the web service works becuase if you call it in a web browser at the following address http://www.jmmortimer.com/dataaccess/sqlhelper.asmx?wsdl, it will show you the xml that represents web service. Plus, I tested it by calling it in an asp.net application. However when I call it from a Flex 3 application it gives me the following error message. SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: " faultCode="DecodingError" faultDetail="null" The code that I have in Flex 3 is below. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

       

       

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      <mx:Application

       

      xmlns:mx=http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml layout="absolute">

      <mx:Script>

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      <![CDATA[

       

      import mx.rpc.soap.LoadEvent;

      import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      private function getData(evt:LoadEvent):void

       

       

       

       

       

      {

       

       

       

       

      var connString:String = "Data Source=Family\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=SDJames;User ID=sa;Password=Password1";

      var storedProc:String = "GetAuxiliaries";

       

       

       

       

       

      myService.GetDataTable(connString, storedProc)

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      }

       

       

       

       

       

      private function resultHandler(evt:ResultEvent):void

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      {

      test.text = String(evt.result);

       

       

       

       

      }

       

       

       

      ]]>

       

       

       

       

       

      </mx:Script>

       

      <mx:WebService id="myService" wsdl="http://jmmortimer.com/dataaccess/sqlhelper.asmx?WSDL"

      load="getData(event)" result="resultHandler(event)" />

      <mx:TextArea id="test" x="10" y="10" width="452" height="348"/>

      </mx:Application>

       

       

       

        • 1. Re: SOAP Response cannot be decoded.
          stjonathanmark Level 1

          Hello Again Everybody,

           

          I have found the answer to my problem. The Problem was that I had the wrong value assigned the variable "connString" insted of  "Data Source=Family\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=SDJames;User ID=sa;Password=Password1", it should have been "Data Source=Family\\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=SDJames;User ID=sa;Password=Password1". Don't you just hate how just  messing up with one character can mess up you entire application. Thanks to everybody who took time to look over my problem.

           

          God Bless