0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 10:27 AM by PHRED-SE

CFFTP Error in CF 8.0.1

PHRED-SE Level 1
      I have just gotten my <cfftp> function working properly after few false starts -- I'm transferring files between two servers. One of the things that I have to do is to transfer files with Chinese characters in their names.

<cfftp> crashes when the file to be uploaded has Chinese characters in the file name. This is the error message that I get:

FTP File transfer failed: 550 P_10_English-????.doc: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Local File: D:\Data\Data\Allaire\Dev\PHREDintel\Attachments\P_8_English-技术支持.doc
      Remote File: P_8_English-技术支持.doc.

It takes exception to the Remote File name, which in this case is "P_8_English-技术支持.doc."

The CF function <cffile> uploaded this same file from my PC to the server originally. After a two month effort, Adobe was able to figure out why the <cfdocument> would not import Chinese characters into the PDF file. So it appears that some parts of CF speak Chinese while other parts do not.

If anyone has any ideas how I can get <cfftp> to speak Chinese, I would greatly appreciate your knowledge on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your support