I thought our install was a universal binary...
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, there is a ub update. It is titled as being for Flash CS4...I'm only using CS3 - so I wasn't entirely sure whether or not it was appropriate/relevant for my set-up.Does it also contain the debug version in it?( Since that used to be listed separately, and there is a separate listing for the debugger ( copy below) which only lists Intel mac as an option, I became uncertain. I called Adobe technical support and customer service, but nobody there knew either.On the Adobe forums there is an unanswered question which states that Adobe are no longer supporting PPC Flash Debugger,I didn't want to overwrite my old Flash 10 debugger ( even though it is an outdated beta...) before I knew that I would still be able to run Flash 10 debugging on my PPC Mac.Excerpt from FlashPlayer downloads.html:Adobe Flash Player 10 — Debugger Versions (aka debug players or content debuggers)
7/30/2009 Updated debugger versions of Flash Player 10 (aka debug players or content debuggers) are available. These new players are version 10.0.32.18.
- Download the Windows Flash Player 10 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 2.12 MB)
- Download the Windows Flash Player 10 Plugin content debugger (for Netscape-compatible browsers) (EXE, 2.09 MB)
- Download the Windows Flash Player 10 Projector content debugger (EXE, 5.18 MB)
- Download the Macintosh Flash Player 10 Plugin content debugger (Intel-based Macs) (6.31 MB)
- Download the Macintosh Flash Player 10 Projector content debugger (ZIP, 6.22 MB
Yup, went ahead and installed the UB version - and lo and behold, now I can't debug Flex anymore. So I uninstalled and discovered a technote leading to the developer archive of old Flash debugger editions at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html - and downloaded and installed one of those. Still not resolved... I can't get Flex debugging working. Aaaagh!
I think Adobe could make this whole process a lot less opaque - and less time consuming - with a few straightforward statements,