4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 10:36 AM by cnewroth

Not really an issue - just and observation -

cnewroth Level 1

hi, not really an issue, least not to me right now, but was doing Andrew's great demo (yet again with the new build ) and noticed when i got to doing the FB4 thing, that when i got to the part where i was hooking in the newly generated 'form' for the details that when i deleted the 'group' from the FC file (this code specifically)

<s:Group x="27" y="155" includeIn="List,Search">

<s:RichText color="0xa1a1a1" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Job title:" textAlign="right" d:userLabel="Job title:" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="28" y="0"/>

<s:RichText color="0xa1a1a1" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Phone:" textAlign="right" d:userLabel="Phone:" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="34" y="52"/>

<s:RichText color="0xa1a1a1" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Email:" textAlign="right" d:userLabel="Email:" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="39" y="26"/>

<s:RichText color="0xa1a1a1" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Date of birth:" textAlign="right" d:userLabel="Date of birth:" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="4" y="79"/>

<s:RichText color="0xa1a1a1" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Employee ID:" textAlign="right" d:userLabel="Employee ID:" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="105"/>

</s:Group>

<s:Group x="130" y="155" includeIn="List,Search">

<s:RichText color="0xaeaeae" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="shorten@adobe.com" d:userLabel="shorten@adobe.com" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="27"/>

<s:RichText color="0xaeaeae" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="14 / 09 / 1977" d:userLabel="14 / 09 / 1977" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="79"/>

<s:RichText color="0xaeaeae" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="10001" d:userLabel="10001" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="105"/>

<s:RichText color="0xaeaeae" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="+44 (0) 1234 567891" d:userLabel="+44 (0) 1234 567891" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="52"/>

<s:RichText color="0xaeaeae" fontFamily="Arial" kerning="on" ai:knockout="0" lineHeight="15" text="Platform Evangelist" d:userLabel="Platform Evangelist" whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" x="0" y="0"/>

</s:Group

that in design mode this code does NOT get deleted, even tho i deleted it from the page in that mode. So when my transitions ran, those groups overrode what was being displayed and it looked bad. I would think if i del'd a item from design mode, that it would have gotten rid of this code? Like I said not a biggie, but had to manually do it...

Craig

• 1. Re: Not really an issue - just and observation -
          acath Level 4

Hi Craig,

The code should be deleted, but only if you delete the objects from all states. It sounds like you deleted these objects from one state, but not from "List" or "Search". Is that it?

-Adam

• 2. Re: Not really an issue - just and observation -
            cnewroth Level 1

Hi Adam,

Checked and no, I had not deleted it from the other two states. But then, that begs the question (at least to me). Why should I? If in the detail state I delete a group, then I just kind of assumed that any relations or calls to that group would be deleted as well? I did not assume that the code generated from FC would have them included in the 'list' or 'search' states as I had 'hid' them in FC before I passed the file to FB4 to work on. Plus you cannot 'see' them in the other states to know they are there. But, thanks, that did remove them from that split second of showing up when the transitions play.

Craig Newroth

Engineering Computing Support - PLM

Executive Computing Support Team - STL

Adobe Flex / AIR Platform Product Focal

• 3. Re: Not really an issue - just and observation -
              acath Level 4

Yeah, that makes sense. The problem is that Catalyst's UI doesn't strongly distinguish between an object being invisible and it being non-existent in a state. If an object exists in any state, it will appear in the layers panel and in the source code.

I'm not sure I understand the issue of them showing up momentarily during a transition. That sounds like a bug. Can you describe precise steps to reproduce that?

-Adam

• 4. Re: Not really an issue - just and observation -
                cnewroth Level 1

Sure can, take this file, import into FB4,

Go through Andrews steps to connect to data etc,

Then when he says to generate the 'details' form, what I did was make the form from wizard, then delete the one that in the detail view that comes in with the fxp file. Move the newly generated form to its place and run project.

Two things actually happened this time.

The transition when you click and go to 'detail' view shows the form first, then plays. What I mean is I click the 'list' view and the form shows, then the detail transition goes to play.

Second, click the 'minimize' or 'close' button, the 'deleted' items briefly flicker because of this code staying in;

<s:Group x="27" y="155" includeIn="List,Search">

• the stuff from the old form ***

</s:Group>

(and actually there is two like above because there are two items that get deleted(see code in OP))

HTH's you reproduce.

Craig