3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 12:17 AM by Sean_Wilson

Converting DI to FL

Katie_Fleming Level 1

I have an entire portfolio created in Director. Unfortunately since the industry is not supporting Director anymore and wanting Flash only, I was wondering if it's possible to convert a Director file to .swf keeping all the buttons working? I really only have buttons for scripting.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Converting DI to FL
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
          I was wondering if it's possible to convert a Director file to .swf

No, there is no way to do this. You'll have to start from scratch in Flash and re-create the content you have developed in Director.

since the industry is not supporting Director anymore and wanting Flash only

I disagree with this, but I guess your experience differs from mine.

• 2. Re: Converting DI to FL
            Katie_Fleming Level 1

Darn, I was hoping there was some workaround to import. Thanks though.

I love Director, don't get me wrong. I find Flash annoying and Director much easier, but every interview I've had within the past year doesn't even want to look at any Director work I've done. I'm struggling to re-do a portfolio now.

Quick question, out of topic...

I want it so when you click on a button, the whole "screen" slides to the left until it scrolls to the one they selected. Is the easiest way to send the button to a specific frame number, and paste the original screen and have it animate through the other screens (would be screenshots so they can't click while it's scrolling)? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Converting DI to FL
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
              I want it so when you click on a button, the whole "screen" slides to the left until it scrolls to the one they selected. Is the easiest way to send the button to a specific frame number, and paste the original screen and have it animate through the other screens (would be screenshots so they can't click while it's scrolling)? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

I think what you describe is probably the easiest way. There are alternatives, like http://nonlinear.openspark.com/tips/imaging/dissolve/index.htm or http://nonlinear.openspark.com/tips/imaging/pageturn/index.htm