I have 27 Thin clients (HP t5639w) to set up in the next day or two... the problem: right out of the box, I am unable to install Adobe Reader on them. I have made room to install by using a flash drive to increase RAM, and Reader appears to have successfully loaded, but each time I try to open after install I get the following error message: "Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe Application Error.... The exception unknown software. Exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb."
I've tried to contact HP customer support - unfortunately, they refer me to the HP website and tell me to download the version there. It's the same version I've tried to install - no luck. I have installed other software on the Thin Clients successfully, but I'm only having an issue with Reader.
Anyone else have a similar issue? Any ideas?
Brutusbflo, Any luck finding anything? I just encountered the same problem on t5630 running WinXP Embedded. I'm installing Reader 9.2 and get the error "Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe Application Error.... The exception unknown software. Exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a7b."
Here's the process:
· Download Adobe to USB drive
· Remove write filter – reboot
· Create temporary TEMP and TMP folders on C: drive
· Change Windows TEMP variables (both TEMP and TMP) to a folder on the “Hard Disk” – Reboot (Make a note of values before changing).
· Install Adobe Reader – Reboot
· Run Adobe Reader – If runs reboot
· Replace TEMP and TMP variable entries (Usually Z:\TEMP and Z:\TMP respectively) – Reboot
· Delete temporary TEMP and TMP folders – reboot
· Re-enable write filter
This worked for me!