Brutusbflo, Any luck finding anything? I just encountered the same problem on t5630 running WinXP Embedded. I'm installing Reader 9.2 and get the error "Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe Application Error.... The exception unknown software. Exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a7b."
Here's the process:
· Download Adobe to USB drive
· Remove write filter – reboot
· Create temporary TEMP and TMP folders on C: drive
· Change Windows TEMP variables (both TEMP and TMP) to a folder on the “Hard Disk” – Reboot (Make a note of values before changing).
· Install Adobe Reader – Reboot
· Run Adobe Reader – If runs reboot
· Replace TEMP and TMP variable entries (Usually Z:\TEMP and Z:\TMP respectively) – Reboot
· Delete temporary TEMP and TMP folders – reboot
· Re-enable write filter
This worked for me!