3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 6:56 PM by ~graffiti

Acrobat Freezing up

Dahlfan

I have acrobat reader on my machine. At first it was the one that came with CS2. The problem I was having is: when I open a pdf and then click on the file tab and try to scroll down to print it freezes up on the first or second button. If I try to click on any other button on the top it is fine. I uninstalled the whole set of programs and then reinstalled, still freezing up. I then uninstalled it all again and then installed CS3 and the same thing happens. ANy ideas?

• 1. Re: Acrobat Freezing up
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First question. Do you have Acrobat or do you have Reader? There is no Acrobat Reader.

If it came with CS2 (the suite) then it is probably Acrobat and you'll want to ask in the Acrobat forum for your Operating System.

• 2. Re: Acrobat Freezing up
            Dahlfan Level 1

Actually they are one in the same. Formerly Adobe Acrobat Reader now just Adobe reader.

ANybody else have an idea????

• 3. Re: Acrobat Freezing up
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dahlfan wrote:

Actually they are one in the same. Formerly Adobe Acrobat Reader now just Adobe reader.

Got changed about 4 versions (8 years?) ago to avoid the confusion.

Plus you mention CS2 (the suite) which comes with Acrobat, not Reader so, you may want to check and see what you actually have.

If it turns out to be Reader after all, we still need to know your OS. This forum is for all versions of "Reader" and all OS's.