2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2009 9:16 AM by jay fresno

disappearing ruler guides

jay fresno Level 1

I'm using Acrobat 9 Pro. I add ruler guides to my PDF. I want the ruler guides to stay and be there the next time I open the PDF, but when the PDF is saved, closed, and re-opened the ruler guides are gone. I can't figure a way to keep the guides as part of the PDF, so was wondering if perhaps there is a script that might make the ruler guides stay with the PDF (until I'm ready to delete them.) Can anyone help on this issue?

• 1. Re: disappearing ruler guides
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can use the following code as a document level JavaScirpt.

app.execMenuItem('ShowRulers');

• 2. Re: disappearing ruler guides
            jay fresno Level 1

GKaiseril,

Thank you for your response. To clarify -- what I need are the ruler guides to stay visible. It doesn't matter if the rulers themselves are visible. I drag ruler guides out of the rulers and use the ruler guides to help line up objects on the page. After saving and closing a PDF that has ruler guides, the guides are gone when the PDF is reopened -- even choosing View > Guides does not make them appear again. Acrobat is automatically deleting the guides when the PDF is closed and reopened. Every other program I've used that has ruler guides, keeps the ruler guides unless the user deletes them.