2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 7:49 PM by Jim_Simon Branched from an earlier discussion.

only audio plays in preview monitor, no video

cellobella Level 1

HI Harm:

Thanks to you and Hunt for your postings of a couple of days ago.  I got tired of having an underpowered laptop, so I've purchased new hardware.  I now have the following:

Gateway desktop with:

Vista OS

Intel i7 processor 950

3.06GHz processor

8MB Level 2 Cache

9GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM

1TB SATA hard drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

1GB video memory

High def audio chipset

Using Premier CS4

No current problems with any "proheadless.exe" issues.  The problem I'm currently having is that at first the video I digitized a couple of days ago played only as audio on the preview monitor, though I could see it on the timeline once I made an edit and dragged that portion onto the timeline. I could see the edited video also on the program monitor.  Finally, after about 15 minutes, the video appeared in the preview monitor as well, so I could play the video with its associated audio.  Last night everything was working fine, without this wait time for it to appear in the monitors.

I have about 8GB of .avi video media on the internal hard drive that I am using for this project.  This media was shot 24fps on a Panasonic DVX 100 camera, but it digitized as 29.9 in CS4. I am told that the video does a conversion to 29.9fps in the camera as it is being shot, so that's why it digitized at 29.9 in premier. (sorry-don't know the codec).  Don't know if this has anything to do with the delay in it showing up on the monitor screens in CS4.

Any idea what caused this delay?

Thanks,

cello-bella