6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2009 6:09 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

MAMBO_MAN Community Member

Hi:

Have Adobe Premier Elements 4, WINXP SP-3, RAM = 3.5 GIGS, 2 HD'S (200 & 500 GIGS).

I have edited gobs of .FLV download files (from Youtube) and converted them into .AVI fles.

I'd like to be able to either separate or copy the resulting Audio track on some of these and

transfer the resulting WAVE file to something like Audacity to then end up making an mp3 file

which I can in turn listen to in my car's stereo (by creating an MP3 cd disk).

I also have MusicMatch Jukebox Plus v 10 and Roxio Easy Media creator v. 10

I seem to remember somebody leaving instructions on how to do the copying of the audio

file in Adobe Premier itself somewhere in this forum and would appreciate any help along these

lines.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3
          the_wine_snob Community Member

From your Timeline in PrE, you can Export just the Audio file. That can be Imported into Audacity and Exported to the format of your choice.

This should work for you,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

Hunt:

Thanks for the rapid response--I feel like a fool because it is really easy to do:

In the Timeline view (File>Export>Audio). It's exported as a WAVE file to

be used in whatever program suits your purpose.

• 3. Re: Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

Don't feel bad. Sometimes, there are easy solutions, that are just lurking - they seem too easy, and we all miss them.

Good luck, and glad that I could help you. I assume that you now have it under control?

Hunt

• 5. Re: Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

Hi again:

I have left this message on the Adobe Forum Message Board as well.

Have some questions about the Moyea FLV Plug-in:

As previously stated, I have been using the Prism Video converter,

which does seem to convert the FLV file to some type of an AVI file.

I then load this AVI file into Premium Elements 4 (PE4), and it first

has to be "conformed" in the PE4 software.

Then, if one attempts to open and edit this file, it either is an ex-

tremely slow process, or the software freezes, requiring a re-start

(sometimes multiple times) to complete the editing before rendering

it into an edited AVI file.

Curious to find a work-around, I avoided this first time editing and just

had the PE4 software just re-render the whole intact

Prism-generated AVI file into a PE4-generated AVI file which has

apparently much less "overehead" and can easily be edited in PE4.

So, I end up re-re-rendering the original FLV to get the edited AVI

file I want.

Does the Moyea FLV Plug-in avoid this labor-time intensive task??

Also, its web site advertises 2 different packages:

1) FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere:

"FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere is a plug-in program for Adobe

Premiere. Adobe Premiere is a professional and popular video editing

tool, which allows importing video and audio in various formats, like

AVI, MPE, MPG, M2V, MP3, WMV, WMA, WAV, etc.

Yet, it does not support the FLV file, which is widely used on the

web. FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere is just a program to make

Adobe Premiere accept the FLV file for video editing and composing."

Price: $60

2) FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere:

"FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere is the same with the Pro version,

except the Flash 8 alpha video import and cheaper with 20$ off!

It is a plug-in program for Adobe Premiere.

Adobe Premiere is a professional and popular video editing tool, which

allows importing video and audio in various formats, like AVI, MPEG,

MPG, M2V, MP3, WMV, WMA, WAV, etc. Yet, it does not support the FLV

file, which is widely used on the web.

Support FLV files encoded by any codec,like:

Flash 8, H.263, RAW, ADPCM, MP3, Nellymoser.

FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere is just a program to make Adobe Prem-

iere accept the FLV file for video editing and composing."

Price: $40

(version 2)

The product sites of Moyea Software:

Video-to-flash.com, Flvsoft.com, My-video-converter.com.

The homepage of Moyea Software:

http://www.moyea.com

Which one is the most practical to get??

The site offers a "Free Trial"--is that worthwhile??

Finally, is this site trustworthy??

I am using the PE4 mainly for the conversion of FLV files and would

appreciate any rational method for accelerating the process.

Thanx.

• 6. Re: Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

Mambo_Man,

Unfortunately, I have only used the FLV Importer for PrPro (version 2.0), so have zero experience with any in PrE, or with other of their products. I have heard that the Moyea plug-in will NOT work in PrPro CS4, at least not yet. I'll be watching the thread, in hopes of learning something new.

Good luck,

Hunt