2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 3:36 PM by cybersnl

AIR app does not open anymore after minimizing on windows

cybersnl

Hi guys,

I need some help in figuring out a strange issue I am facing.

I have an AIR app whih is minimizable. When I run it on windows XP and minimize it, it gets minimized. But

clicking on the task bar does not open the app anymore. The task manager shows that the CPU usage for the app has gone upto 50%

and it consistently stays over there with out recovering from it.

Right clicking on it and then trying it to close shows me the windows dialog: "the program is not responding".

MInimizing and re-opening works fine on MAC.

Anyone has ideas on what might be happening? Suggestions or pointers on how to debug this?

thanks,

Sunil

• 1. Re: AIR app does not open anymore after minimizing on windows
          Joe ... Ward Level 4

In general, minimizing and restoring works fine on Windows, too. Is there something you are doing based on window size in the app that might get confused when the window doesn't have a real size? It sounds like your app is getting into a bad state either on minimize or on restore, so look at any code there first, then any other drawing code. Probably there is an underlying bug in AIR, but the bug may just be that you don't get a useful exception and error. Can you step through the code in the debugger?

• 2. Re: AIR app does not open anymore after minimizing on windows
            cybersnl Level 1

It turns out that in one of my UI components, the top level item was a VBox which was using a list of HBox components and the height of each HBox component was set to VBox height /5.

I modified the height to be set to "100%" for each HBox.

and everything worked fine.

I really do not know how it can cause the application to hang earlier.

thanks,

Sunil

Sunil Patro

video chat: www.tokbox.com/sunil