1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 2:06 PM by image_dr

swfObject and loadClip

image_dr

I created a swf shell that loads external swfs (located in the same directory) with loadClip. The swf works perfectly as a standalone and via direct link in a browser, but when I try to load it via swfObject in an html page, the shell loads, but the external swfs do not.

You can see the difference here:

swfObject used in standard web page: http://www.primary-intel.com/swfObject.php

straight link to the swf shell: http://www.primary-intel.com/_flash/index/index_shell.swf

I have a navigation bar which allows me to cycle through the different external swfs, and that works fine (it's built in to the shell). However, when I add <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/> the on the nav icon backgrounds disappear as well.

Does anyone know of a conflict in swfObject and loadClip? Also, any idea why my icon backgrounds are disappearing? They are MCs and should remain regardless of the "wmode".

Here is my code for the loadClip function (as2):

function MovieLoad(movieURL)
      {
          var mc_load_complete:Object = new Object();
          var mc_loader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();

mc_load_complete.onLoadInit = function(target_mc:MovieClip)
          {
              target_mc.onEnterFrame = function()
              {
                  if (this._currentframe >= this._totalframes)
                  {
                      mc_loader.unloadClip(mc_container);
                      ScrollForward();
                  }
              }
              target_mc.gotoAndPlay('slide_start');
          }

mc_loader.addListener(mc_load_complete);

var movieArray_concat = movieArray[movieURL];
          mc_loader.loadClip(movieArray_concat, mc_container);
      }

• 1. Re: swfObject and loadClip
          image_dr Level 1

It turns out, my problem was the link to the other external files. I forgot that the link had to be from the location of the page, not the location of the shell swf.

My icon backgrounds were dropping off because I had a drop shadow filter on them. Without a background to base it against, I guess the whole thing disappears.

Isn't it funny how you work for hours on a solution, but it isn't until you post on a forum that you suddenly see all the errors you have made?