12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 8:46 AM by Harm Millaard

Media Offline.......or is it?? Please help.

SpacecraftNC

First off, I'm new to this forum, so I will be as thorough as I can.

Using MacPro Quad Intel

4GB RAM

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4

Canon xha1s - Canon HV30

I am mainly a wedding videographer, I down convert and burn DVD's.

My problem.

JUST LATELY, when I open my projects, mainly one in particular....I either get red screens of MEDIA OFFLINE or none of the time-lined footage shows up anywhere. On the left workspace where all clips are stored, everything is there still, captured movie files are still where I captured them to. Sometimes the icon for my movie files have a recycled looking arrow on them, not the normal icon for a movie file. I have started a new project and imported the entire project over to the new one with no success, it still gives me a media offline message. If I try to import the original movie files over again, I get a File Video Dimension (width/height) too large message. Whatever that means in this case?

I know with some of my HD footage, the Mpegs load themselves and sometimes I have to wait for them to load, but with std def footage, it never "loads" and is always right there. I have enclosed a SCREEN SHOT of my project also....

I will gladly try anything and will thank you guys upfront for being so caring and helpful on these posts.

Any suggestions or input??

THANK YOU!