3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2011 9:31 AM by ruthgordy RSS

How to export Flash Ad?

I'm a beginner and everytime I export my Flash Ad, it shows up as black screen (my background color).  And everytime I play it back in Flash, I have to press return to get to the next frames.  What am I doing wrong??

• 1. Re: How to export Flash Ad?
          __antonio__ Community Member

You must have a stop(); action on the first frame. delete that and it should play.

• 2. Re: How to export Flash Ad?
            audreylorea Community Member

Ok, I removed all of the stop actions but now I have a new problem.  The text doesn't stay in the frame long enough to read --hence why I put in the stop action in the first place.  How do I deal with this?

• 3. Re: How to export Flash Ad?
              ruthgordy Community Member

Publish as AS 2.0 and add this script

var interval:Number = setInterval(

function():Void {

This will pause your animation and then start it up again.

The 3000 on the second to last line is 3 seconds - change to however long you want to pause (2000 for 2 seconds etc)

Create new AS timeline for each separate pause. Where you want the animation to pause on the timeline add a Keyframe and apply above script to this frame.

This works great for me.

Make sure you create new AS timeline for each pause - pauses won't work in your document if the script for multiple pauses is on the same timeline.

good luck