2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 5:59 PM by Alex DeJesus

Timeline Markers From PP to AE and Other Questions

Alex DeJesus Level 1

I find no instructions to import timeline markers along with Premiere sequences. Is it possible?

I'm still very new to AE and I am confusing myself quite easily going back and forth between the programs. What is the usual practice if i want to replace parts of original footage with segments created in AE?

Should I import the Premiere sequence and work on the segments in AE and create movie from there OR create the composition in AE and import into the Premiere project? In other words, once I import or export from one program to another, do I abandon the original project?

I ask because i am ending up with AE comps on my Premiere timeline as well as Premiere sequences in AE timelines.

I hope that doesn't sound too dumb

• 1. Re: Timeline Markers From PP to AE and Other Questions
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8
          > I find no instructions to import timeline markers along with Premiere sequences. Is it possible?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/WSB90E08AC-8994-4070-A1A1-BA560E5EDA4A.html

I found this with a simple Community Help search for 'Premiere markers'.

> Should I import the Premiere sequence and work on the segments in AE and create movie from there OR create the composition in AE and import into the Premiere project? In other words, once I import or export from one program to another, do I abandon the original project?

I ask because i am ending up with AE comps on my Premiere timeline as well as Premiere sequences in AE timelines.

I hope that doesn't sound too dumb

No, that doesn't sound too dumb. There are a lot of options to figure out. See "Working with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects" for an overview.

The reason that there are a lot of options is that each of them is good for different things.

That means that we can't really answer your question without knowing exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

I suggest trying the various methods described int he document that I linked to and getting back to us when you have a specific piece of your work that you can't figure out how to do.

• 2. Re: Timeline Markers From PP to AE and Other Questions
            Alex DeJesus Level 1

Thanks. That was just frustration talking. I was looking through the AE Manual. I'm sure you understand. Attached you see the jar and pencil that says "MICA Bella"? I need to replace it with another brand name. I can do that in Photoshop fine. However, in the video the picture pans to the right and fades out, so whatever I do has to move and fade with it. Not only that, the jar lid is in different positions and angle perspectives in every shot, so I need to 3D it. I suppose I can corner pin it or play with the transform settings.

I made stills (TIFF) out of every place that label appears - about 25 times. I started to clone and mask in PS, but now I'm working in three apps - PS, AE, and PP. I'm confusing myself to death.

I have never messed around with Mocha because I'm brand new to AE as it is. The pans are very short and straight so I don't think I need to track as if stabilizing video.