1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2009 1:54 AM by Mylenium

Can't change parent/layer in CS3

Rez456

I've been running into this problem alot in the last 6 months and I'm finally fed up. Basically, at some point while working on my CS3 projects, something unknown to me happens and I can no longer change a layers parent with the drop down box, same thing goes for layer control drop down boxes in the effects panel. Now, I can still change a layers parent with the pick whip, which is why I've just lived with the issue. But I've now run into a problem where I'm using a Layer Control expression effect and I cannot change the layer at all there. I click it and nothing happens, no response at all. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Can't change parent/layer in CS3
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please be more specific. Provide info about the number of layers per comp, comp settings, what items are referenced/ used using the layer controls etc.. Also provide screenshots (use the camera icon to attach)/ info about the structure of the project or the project itself. I've never encountered such issues myself, but it is imaginable that too many references/ too many layers create some sort of overflow that prevents the list from being drawn or populated correctly.

Mylenium