1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 5:22 PM by the_wine_snob

Conforming problem in PRE 7.0

mikeyen95831

I have a somewhat shaky VOB on a DVD that was captured from a failing VHS-C camcorder onto a DVD. I can play the DVD just fine on the computer and on the DVD player, but when PRE 7.0 tries to conform the clip, it gets an error, "Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Is there some parameter I need to set to get around this problem, or do I just need to discard this clip and try again?

The VOB is attached. It's too large to attach -- 1 gb.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

• 1. Re: Conforming problem in PRE 7.0
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you background on VOB's. If they are 100% DVD-compliant, then PrE (and PrPro, as of CS4.1) will Import them.

If your DVD is not 100% compliant, then there are a few things to try:

1.) Copy the .VOB to your HDD and rename it .MPEG. Sometimes, this works, but it depends on what is inside of the .VOB

2.) Hook your DVD player up to either your video camera, or your A-D bridge, and Capture the footage. Note: you will NOT have device control, and your video camera MUST have pass-through capabilities.

3.) Rip the DVD, as per this ARTICLE. There are other programs too.

Good luck,

Hunt