I am updating republishing a webhelp system created a few years ago with X5. When I opened the project, about 8- 10 file names were marked with red X's. The files were still in folder. When I tried to import them into the project, RoboHelp froze, no longer responding to the keyboard or the mouse. I had to close the program with the Task Manager.
This is a new installation of Robohelp, and includes SP 2.
Thanks for the suggestion. I examined the missing files, and file names all had a strange character inserted into them. It was a u with a ^ over it. I removed these characters and tried to import the HTML into the project.
That's when the program crashed. I moved the files out of the project folder, and tried to import them again. That worked. It seems strange that no else has encountered this issue, but now there is a possible resolution.