• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Map IDs dialog having Hide Used Topics

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if the Edit Map IDs dialog also had a Hide Used Topics function. That way you could easiy see what topics are not mapped and make selection easier and assist identifying issues.

It would also be useful for the Edit Map IDs dialog to have a report function that allowed you to publish the Map IDs table to Excel or a delimited file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

Have you looked at Tools > Reports > Map IDs? Does that report not offer what you are looking for?

Also, I thought that the dialog for mapping actually shaded the icons in use. Maybe I'm incorrectly remembering that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Report function poduces a somewhat usable but very cluttered result that is separate from the actual function of mapping topics with the dialog. I have to run a custom macro on the file just to get a usable table.

The Edit Map IDs dialog only shows Unused Map IDs, not Unused Topics. These additions would make a nice little uitility considerably more user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In my copy of RH6 there is a checkbox in the Edit Map IDs dialog box that says "Hide used IDs". When it's unticked, all map ids show. It's just underneath the Map IDs table. (I hope it hasn't been removed in RH7!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp