2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2009 10:13 AM by melamina

Batch Save for Web in illustrator

melamina

Hi,

I'm trying to make a batch to process 110 illustrator files and save them as Gifs.

I record the Action (which includes "Save for Web" (enlarge to 1000*1400), Save, and then Close the Ai file (which I think is not even necessary if you choose "Save and close" in the Destination area of the batch window).

When I play the Action it performs "Save for Web", etc, but it doesn't save the Gif file, it waits for me to press the Save button.

It seems stupid but I want the batch to save the file by itself and carry on with next one.

Is this possible or do I have to press the save button for every file.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

• 1. Re: Batch Save for Web in illustrator
          Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This is not an answer to your question, but I would suggest your reconsidering the Save for Web size, unless the site is intended for a special target group using large browser windows. 1000 x 1400 is large, much larger than the browser window used by most; and most dislike having to scroll horizontally. Few people use the maximum browser window size, and the normally recommended width is some 800 or 840.

• 2. Re: Batch Save for Web in illustrator
            melamina Level 1

Thanks for your answer but the images are not for web.

I need to enlarge them because they have a lot of detail and I need to send them to someone to be checked. The only place I can save as Gif is on the "Save for Web"  dialog and Gifs have the smallest size/best quality ratio for the images I need.

I don't understand why when executing the batch process it stops at the "save window" waiting for me to click on "Save".

Nevertheless, thanks anyway