• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1606, when attempting to install Robo Help

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting on behalf of our client here.

Client have been trying to install Robo Help 8 on a number of workstations, none of these attempts were successful, they were installing over a network at first, then they tried installing from DVD media directly on each machine. This error message appears at all times "Error 1606. Could not access network location Documents/Adobe/Adobe RoboHelp 8."

I've searched on Adobe forums for a possible solution, none were about RoboHelp, however the error 1606 do appear in other circumstances but no solution were given on the forums - to my knowledge.

I've attached a screenshot of the error that may shed further light on the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Two things.

1. If you post in the future, please avoid using the Attach function. Instead, insert the images directly in the post using the camera icon. This is mentioned in the Before you post link.
  2. Because the error message seems to be referencing a network location, I'm wondering if perhaps your company uses the Roving Desktops featue of Windows. With this feature you are able to log into any workstation on the network and your customized desktop follows you around because it is actually stored on the network and not the local PC.

If this is the case, I'm wondering if you might talk your IT folks into temporarily configuring the login for local desktop. Then try the install again. After installing try switching back to Roving Desktop.

Hopefully something here helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Point 1 acknowledged.

Thanks Rick for your help. I shall enquire with our client to see whether they are running Roving Desktop on their networked machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp