I've been through this tutorial a few times just following the steps. Its the best, least cheesy, most photorealistic ripple effect I've found so I am trying to make it work.
I am looking for a summary of how it works, because I get mixed results each time. Some of it is broken English, so I think its not the clearest description of 'how and why'.
I am sort of a noob to Flash, but from what I gather:
- You create a graphic of a bitmap so you can apply an alpha layer to it.
- You make a new movie clip using the graphic.
- You make the graphic fade in and out (not sure why).
- You put a masking layer over it and the mask changes sizes with a shape tween (not sure why but I think it warps your image slightly or creates the actual ripple effect...)
- Then you apply the clip in different layers to make multiple ripples.
Anyway, if an expert could summarize the how and why of this, Id be grateful.
Retrieving data ...