4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 4:41 PM by goodwinds

AE CS4 problems

goodwinds

I appreciate your help on the following issues

I downloaded demo version and installed OK on Win 7 (64) - AMX dual core - 4G RAM, video on board Radeon X1250

1/. After creating a Composition, the simplest one, just Importing a solid, whenever I change any of its properties (scale, position etc) the "Output Movie to" window pops up prompting to Save the file.

2/. When importing thru File>Import>File, after selecting a file (JPG) from the folder, pops up a warning message: "The sequence has 9 missing frames  (39::44)" and instead of only one file all the files on the folder, as a sequence, are placed in the Project window.

Rgds

• 1. Re: AE CS4 problems
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

2/. When importing thru File>Import>File, after selecting a file (JPG) from the folder, pops up a warning message: "The sequence has 9 missing frames  (39::44)" and instead of only one file all the files on the folder, as a sequence, are placed in the Project window.

Disable the "Sequence" checkbox in the import file dialog.

1/. After creating a Composition, the simplest one, just Importing a solid, whenever I change any of its properties (scale, position etc) the "Output Movie to" window pops up prompting to Save the file.

Check your graphics card, mouse and/or tablet settings as well as your system wide shortcuts (that is, Windows' own ones). Unwanted dialogs popping up usually is caused by a misconfiguration or conflict of that sort.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE CS4 problems
            goodwinds Level 1

Mylenium,

Thanks for your quick answer!!

On problem 2 - the "Sequence" option is grayed, but when I change the default "Files of type --> All Acceptable Files" to JPG for example, the "Sequence not available" box becomes reachable and everything is OK. Problem solved!!

On problem 1 - I've checked video, keyboard and mouse drivers and settings, nothing seems to be wrong. Concerning Window's wide shortcuts, could  you give me some clues on where and what to search for?

Thanks again anyway!!

Mylenium wrote:

Disable the "Sequence" checkbox in the import file dialog.

Check your graphics card, mouse and/or tablet settings as well as your system wide shortcuts (that is, Windows' own ones). Unwanted dialogs popping up usually is caused by a misconfiguration or conflict of that sort.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE CS4 problems
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Concerning Window's wide shortcuts, could  you give me some clues on where and what to search for?

You can assign shortcuts in a shortcut (link) to a program. By default, Windows does this for a few apps like Media Player and Internet Explorer and e.g. the NVidia graphics driver can also instate shortcuts, if you choose so in the settings. Furthermore, some of these tools have their own shortcuts. If you e.g. have the mini version of Media Player active in your task bar, certain key strokes will invoke it. I'd check that. Also, still don't rule out any graphics issues. Sometimes it's not obvious. If all else fails, turn of all the visual fancies and see, if it makes a difference. Especially Vista can act strangely, when you have incompatible apps running (mustn't be AE, can just be some random tool in teh background).

Mylenium

• 4. Re: AE CS4 problems
                goodwinds Level 1

Mylenium,

You are the one!!

As soon as I stopped Babylon (dictionary) from runing in the background everything was OK!

Thanks again for answering almost in real time my questions!