2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 8:06 AM by the_wine_snob

Project/ Movie Output Length

glaustin Level 1

Hi Guys

I'm using Pr for the first time to edit a wedding (also my first one) and I'm wondering the best way to lay it out.

The build-up and ceromony is edited to about 40 minutes, but I've got about the same or more of the reception, speeches and evening party. I know I can output an 80/90 minute movie to play on the PC but trying to scrunch that onto disc could be a problem. Can anyone advise please or have any tips or tricks? Should I do this as 2 separate projects (e.g ceremony and speeches) and use 2 discs?

Regards,

Graham

PS
      Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this type of question.

G.

• 1. Re: Project/ Movie Output Length
          Harm Millaard Level 7

A singe DVD easily holds 90 minutes, more with a lower bitrate, and then you still have DL DVD's to double that.

Start reading and watching tutorials can be very helpful.

• 2. Re: Project/ Movie Output Length
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree that you should be able to easily fit the entire movie onto a DVD-5. If not, then the DVD-9 would be the way to go.

For the editing, I'd work on each "chapter" as a Sequence. Edit them complete. Then, you can Export each Sequence to Encore (or other authoring program), or use Adobe Dynamic Link if you have CS4. If you go the Export/Import route, then I'd Export from PrPro as elemental streams, i.e. one video-only DV-AVI Type II file, and one audio-only PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit file. Import the video-only file as a Timeline, and the audio-only file as an Asset. Drag the audio file from the Project Panel to the appropriate Timeline and it will snap into place. Import your Menus, and establish your navigation. Use a Playlist to do your Play All, and link the Buttons from your Scene Selection Menus to the appropriate Timelines. When done, Check Project. If all is good, then Burn to Disc and let Encore choose the Transcode settings automatically. It does a great job with 99% of the material that I throw at it.

If you need more info on your Project in Encore, this is the Encore Forum.

See you there and good luck,

Hunt