5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 9:18 AM by the_wine_snob

clip effects - zooming-

BARTRUD
      Hello i was wondering could anyone shine some light on my problem.
      I am currently using Adobe Premiere Pro and i am having so much difficulty
      with one aspect.
      I am complying still images with basic transitions and adding effects.
      I can not find the effect for zooming in on a still image, i know there is
      a transition for zoom but i want to attempt to zoom in on the picture throughout
      its duration can someone please help me.
      I am quite new to the program but everything else i have been doing is fine
      i just cannot work this one out
      Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.
      Barry
        • 1. Re: clip effects - zooming-
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Start reading the manual or help file on 'motion effect'.

• 2. Re: clip effects - zooming-
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the Effect Controls Panel you will find Motion. Twirl that down and you will find the Scale property for zooming in on your still.

• 3. Re: clip effects - zooming-
              BARTRUD Level 1

Thank you very much for your speedy response, I was in the motion

section but I didn't see anything that helped me.

I will definitely check again, I assume then there is no set effect for

zooming with some programs I have used before it was a lot simpler.

In the scale section do you have to set the percentages in witch you

want to zoom, I am really grateful for your help.

Barry

This is an email from an individual from Magowan Tyres (NI) Ltd and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information but please delete the email as soon as possible. If you have received this email in error please notify the person who sent this mail. Any views in the email are those of the sender only and not those of Magowan Tyres (NI) Ltd. This email is not intended to be contractually binding.

Although we have checked this e-mail for viruses, it is not guaranteed to be virus free and it is your responsibility to scan the message and attachments prior to opening them. We do not accept any responsibility for the consequences of passing on any virus.

Magowan Tyre & Auto and MT Wholesale are divisions of Magowan Tyres (NI) Ltd. Registered in N. Ireland (19865). Registered Office: 62 Mallusk Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland, BT36 4QE.

• 4. Re: clip effects - zooming-
                BARTRUD Level 1

I have done, i was just wondering was there an easier way to do it,

some programs i have used in the past it was a simple matter of adding the effect

through drop and drag.

I will check the motion settings out though.

Thankyou

• 5. Re: clip effects - zooming-
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Barry,

The fixed Effects>Motion>Scale and Position are the ways to do it. If you have a lot of these, that have the same dimensions, Durations and you wish to apply the same Effects settings, you can do it to one, Rt-click on the still and choose Copy. Next, Select all others, Rt-click on them and choose Paste Attributes.

Some consumer NLE's do offer thngs like Random Pan & Zoom, plus some various Pan and Zoom Presets. Even the SlideShow feature in En allows for this, plus the addition of Transitions fairly automatically.

However, most people on PrPro are like me - they treat each still as a unique image, requiring slightly different Pans and Zooms. I seldom have more than a few images requiring the same exact settings, because of the uniqueness of each image.

I would assume that programs like ProShow Gold and Producer might also have many Presets to apply these Effects in a more automatic mode, but am not certain of that, as I have neither.

One little tip, once you have your Keyframes set - explore Continuous Bezier and also Ease Out/Ease In, to establish the Velocity and parameters of the Keyframes. They are worth a look and a bit of experimentation.

Good luck,

Hunt