3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 9:48 AM by the_wine_snob

Quick Sort Functionality in PE 4

Peet Marais Level 1

When I create a slideshow using Elements 6, I can at any time do a quick sort without losing any of my transition or other settings. Is the same functionality available in Premiere 4?

• 1. Re: Quick Sort Functionality in PE 4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What are you trying to sort, Peet?

You can sort the files in the Project media panel in a number of ways. (Just click on the head of the column -- and you can add colums for various other metadata.)

You can also open the Premiere Elements Organizer and sort your files with a variety of criteria there.

Or are you talking about sorting the slideshow itself? That's something you can't do as easily in Premiere Elements.

On the other hand, that's why the Photoshop Elements slideshow creator exports the finished slideshow to Premiere Elements -- so you can use the best features of each program!

• 2. Re: Quick Sort Functionality in PE 4
            Peet Marais Level 1

Thanks Steve,

I am talking about sorting the slideshow itself. I would prefer not to go backwards and forwards between Elements and Premiere and was hoping to do it in Premiere.

It seems that the "Fit Slides to Audio" functionality is also not available in Premiere. I assume it is again necessary to return to Elements to do this.

• 3. Re: Quick Sort Functionality in PE 4
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would prefer not to go backwards and forwards between Elements and Premiere and was hoping to do it in Premiere.

There really is no "going backwards and forwards," as a good workflow would be to do the entire construction and editing of the SlideShow in PSE first. When complete, then you Export to PrE for the final editing and the Export/Share to, say a DVD-Video.

You just complete the first task, then Export to complete the second one.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck,

Hunt